Make your own DIY room scent spray with this easy to follow recipe that I have been making for years. It really gets me in the mood for Christmas!
While many of us look forward to a break midwinter during all the festivities, it can get very hectic. We rush around making sure everything is in place. Meanwhile our minds are swirling, full of lists and to-dos (and even don’ts!)
Sometimes January arrives and we feel like we haven’t had a break at all!
I created this DIY room scent spray to calm and energise my senses. While the traditional festive scents of Frankincense, Cypress, Clove and Mandarin evoke times gone by they are also nurturing, energising and calming in equal measure. Just the formulation required during a time when you need to recharge but you also want to enjoy social occasions too!
It’s easy to pull together once you’ve gathered your ingredients.
Ingredients and Equipment
- 1 50ml spray bottle (These can be purchased in a good chemist, drugstore, Tiger or Muji.)
- 1 Mixing jug
- 1 spoon
- 4 drops Frankincense Oil
- 8 drops Mandarin Oil
- 2 Drops Cypress Oil
- 1 Drop Clove Oil
- Add 50 mls of water to the Mixing jug.
- Drop the oils carefully into the water. Don’t worry if an extra drop here and there fall in.
- Give it a good stir.
- Pour carefully into spray bottle.
- Put the cap on the bottle and give it a good shake.
- Spray twice in your room.
- Breathe, take a moment, feel calm and full of festive joy!
If you would like to give the gift of calm this Christmas all of my oils are formulated to reduce stress and imbue a sense of calm. My REST Oil in particular is designed to still an anxious, swirling mind. And, in the spirit of making your life easier, gift wrapping is included on all orders between now and Christmas.