November 30, 2018
Christmas Calm: A Scent for Home
Make your own DIY room scent spray with this easy to follow recipe that I have been making for years. It really gets me in the mood for Christmas!
While many of us look forward to a break midwinter during all the festivities, it can get very hectic. We rush around making sure everything is in place. Meanwhile our minds are swirling, full of lists and to-dos (and even don’ts!)
Sometimes January arrives and we feel like we haven’t had a break at all!
I created this DIY room scent spray to calm and energise my senses. While the traditional festive scents of Frankincense, Cypress, Clove and Mandarin evoke times gone by they are also nurturing, energising and calming in equal measure. Just the formulation required during a time when you need to recharge but you also want to enjoy social occasions too!
It’s easy to pull together once you’ve gathered your ingredients.
Ingredients and Equipment
- 1 50ml spray bottle (These can be purchased in a good chemist, drugstore, Tiger or Muji.)
- 1 Mixing jug
- 1 spoon
- 4 drops Frankincense Oil
- 8 drops Mandarin Oil
- 2 Drops Cypress Oil
- 1 Drop Clove Oil
- Add 50 mls of water to the Mixing jug.
- Drop the oils carefully into the water. Don’t worry if an extra drop here and there fall in.
- Give it a good stir.
- Pour carefully into spray bottle.
- Put the cap on the bottle and give it a good shake.
- Spray twice in your room.
- Breathe, take a moment, feel calm and full of festive joy!
If you would like to give the gift of calm this Christmas all of my oils are formulated to reduce stress and imbue a sense of calm. My REST Oil in particular is designed to still an anxious, swirling mind. And, in the spirit of making your life easier, gift wrapping is included on all orders between now and Christmas.
September 12, 2017
How to use the FLORA+ FIONA FACIAL OIL
Lots of people have been asking me how to use Facial oil. Here is what I recommend:
- Remove all make-up.
- Put 3-4 drops onto the palm of your hand and rub together gently.
(If you are using the roller ball, roll on your fingertips with circular movements to release the oil and rub together).
- Hold your palms up to the front of the face and breathe in the natural aroma of the oils. For me this is the best part. Breathe in deeply and inhale the natural fragrance of the oils, creating a wonderful feeling of wellbeing.
- Then, massage onto the face, neckline and décolletage with gentle upward movements. Be very careful around the eye area and just pat this delicate area with the fingertips.
- Take as much time as you can, even if it’s just a minute or two, these are valuable moments to enjoy the touch and aroma sensations with these natural oils. Remember, it’s all part of caring for yourself and your skin and giving a little time to tune into nature and all its gifts.
When you are using pure plant oils, you will notice a visible radiance and glow to the skin. I have chosen some of my favourite essential oils, Jasmine, Vetiver and Red Orange because they are deeply comforting and soothing and have mood enhancing properties that help to calm the mind and soothe the skin.
I have also added 6 plant oils which are easily absorbed and packed with vitamin A, C and E, and the Omegas, so necessary for the skin to be nourished and hydrated.
So when are my favourite times to use the Facial Oil?
Firstly, I use the oil post shower in the morning on damp skin. It gives me a positive start to the day and works well as a primer before make-up.
My husband also uses it post shave as a skin balm.
But for me, my special time with the facial oil is the night-time ritual I have developed so that I take some precious time for myself. The bottle is on my bedside table and because the oils are calming and grounding, they are a perfect way for me to end the day.