September 12, 2017
How to use the FLORA+ FIONA FACIAL OIL
Lots of people have been asking me how to use Facial oil. Here is what I recommend:
- Remove all make-up.
- Put 3-4 drops onto the palm of your hand and rub together gently.
(If you are using the roller ball, roll on your fingertips with circular movements to release the oil and rub together).
- Hold your palms up to the front of the face and breathe in the natural aroma of the oils. For me this is the best part. Breathe in deeply and inhale the natural fragrance of the oils, creating a wonderful feeling of wellbeing.
- Then, massage onto the face, neckline and décolletage with gentle upward movements. Be very careful around the eye area and just pat this delicate area with the fingertips.
- Take as much time as you can, even if it’s just a minute or two, these are valuable moments to enjoy the touch and aroma sensations with these natural oils. Remember, it’s all part of caring for yourself and your skin and giving a little time to tune into nature and all its gifts.
When you are using pure plant oils, you will notice a visible radiance and glow to the skin. I have chosen some of my favourite essential oils, Jasmine, Vetiver and Red Orange because they are deeply comforting and soothing and have mood enhancing properties that help to calm the mind and soothe the skin.
I have also added 6 plant oils which are easily absorbed and packed with vitamin A, C and E, and the Omegas, so necessary for the skin to be nourished and hydrated.
So when are my favourite times to use the Facial Oil?
Firstly, I use the oil post shower in the morning on damp skin. It gives me a positive start to the day and works well as a primer before make-up.
My husband also uses it post shave as a skin balm.
But for me, my special time with the facial oil is the night-time ritual I have developed so that I take some precious time for myself. The bottle is on my bedside table and because the oils are calming and grounding, they are a perfect way for me to end the day.
September 12, 2017
Autumn is in the Air
As the 1st September comes, you can feel the season change. The holidays are over, it’s time for return to school, to college, to work or routine. Many welcome the chance to wear warmer clothes and make lots of plans and resolutions: healthier food, less wine, more exercise, less browsing on the internet, more reading.
I love this change of season. Nature is abundant. The garden is filled with late blossoms, making the most of the September sun, our apple tree is bursting with fruit, the sea is still warm enough for a quick dip and the morning walk is invigorating.
Change is in the air.
I am full of new ideas for oil blends and have been busy creating more formulations for new products. I look forward to sharing new creations with you shortly.
Autumn is also a good time to develop a skincare and wellbeing ritual for the months ahead. The sun has left dry and flaky skin that needs some loving care and attention. For me, natural plant oils are always my first choice.
Unlike many water-based creams that sit on the skin, oils are absorbed quickly and deeply, where their natural nutrients heal and hydrate.
In creating my Facial Oil, Velvet Skin Body Oil and the Carry-on Travel Oil, I wanted them to effect both the body and the mind. Seeing the difference on your body is fundamental, but in all my oil blends, there has to be an emotional dimension, one that you can feel to complete the experience.
A balance between mind and body
FLORA + FIONA botanicals have to tick a few boxes to be included in my blends:
- Easy to absorb – without no greasy residue
- See the difference – soft, hydrated skin with a radiant natural glow
- Feel the difference – breathing in my unique blend of essential oils to give a powerful emotional response
- Be 100% natural – wild harvested and organic oils
- Rich in nutrients, omegas and antioxidants
One of the reasons why I became an aromatherapist was because of the powerful effect the oils can have on the emotions. The connection our sense of smell has with our subconscious is profound and never ceases to amaze me. This effect on the mind is the first thing I think of when I am creating a formulation. It completes the picture!